I love to give inspiring presentations that seed new thoughts into the nature of being human by integrating innovative new ideas from the fields of robotics, neuroscience, physiology, and artificial intelligence. Audiences regularly rate my presentations as the most memorable and inspiring of any given conference. I have presented at a wide range of venues around the world and can tailor my presentations to be exciting and accessible to any audiences. Currently I am developing new presentations focused on Innovative Leadership. If you would like a memorable keynote presentation for your event or conference, please contact me.
“Vytas, Thank you so much for taking the time to join us in Atlanta. Your session was perhaps the most memorable of the conference. It was the perfect blend of a project with short term payoffs but also long-term significance. Our members want to know what’s going on in the next 2-5 years, but also what’s going to be important 10 and 20 years from now. Your talk delivered both in abundance, and the evaluations reflect it. ”
— Steven Cherry, Director TTI/Vanguard The Advanced Technology Conference Series.
“This was one of the very best outside presentations that I experienced here.” — Feedback from presenting “Somatic Robotics” and discussing AI and Machine Learning at Neumenta in Sept. 2015.
Past Notable Presentations
- “Exploring the Unknown:Creativity, Innovation, and Space Exploration” Invited Guest Presenter on Innovation for the NASA hosted APPEL-Creativity and Innovation Course. August 18th, 2016.
- Invited: NASA Ames Summer Series, “SUPERball: A Biologically Inspired Robot for Planetary Exploration“. June 14th, 2016. This is currently the most recent overview of my research.
- Keynote “Tensegrity Robotics Research at NASA Ames” at Soft Robotics session, SPIE-DSS 2016, Baltimore, MD, April 20, 2016
- Invited: “Robotics Technology at NASA Ames: From Planetary Exploration to Self-Driving Cars” and Panel Member “Building a vision for autonomous mining”, at The Global Mining Standards and Guidelines Group: The Journey Towards Continuous and Predictable Mining, SF, CA, April 7, 2016
- Keynote at Robotics and machine learning Silicon Valley Robotics Investor Forum, SF, CA, November 18, 2015.
- Biorobots: Dissected, Swissnex, SF, CA. October 28, 2015.
- “SCORES: Structurally COmpliant Robots for Extreme Survivability”, at Fujitsu Laboratories of America 9th Annual Technology Symposium, Santa Clara, June 24, 2015.
- Keynote Presentation “Tensegrity Robotics Inspired Biomechanics for Better Assistive Technologies” for Assistive Technology and Rehabilitation Session at the 16th Annual UC Systemwide Bioengineering Symposium, UC Santa Cruz, June 22-24, 2015
- “Somatic Robots: Neural-Structural Integration”, at Hardly Trying: The Rapid Rise of Soft Robotics Lux Research Strategic Foresight, Innovation Leadership Board, and SRI International, Menlo Park, June 10, 2015.
- Keynote Presentation “Somatic Robots: Neural-Structural Integration” at CASPA Spring Symposium: “IoT Deep Dive: Moving Beyond The Hype Robotic/Machine Learning & Augmented Reality.”, Santa Clara, CA, March 2015.
- Panelist “Robotics technologies changing the future” at DeveloperWeek Conference, SF, CA, Feb 2015.
- Super Ball Bot: Structures for Planetary Landing and Exploration, at NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) 2015 Symposium, Florida, Jan 2015.
- “Somatic Robots: Neural-Structural Integration” at SRI International, Menlo Park, CA, Dec 2014.
- “SCORES: Structurally COmpliant Robots for Extreme Survivability” Special Invitation to DARPA Maximum Mobility and Manipulation Principle Investigator Conference. Washington DC, Oct 2014.
- “Tensegrity Robots, Neuroscience, Fascia, and Space Exploration” Pre-show talk at World Premier of Synaptic Motion, by Capacitor. YBCA, San Francisco, CA. Sept. 2014
- “Intelligence from Rhythm and Motion” Invited Presentation to School of Medicine, Genomics Department, Stanford University, CA, May 2014.
- “Intelligence from Rhythm and Motion” Invited Presentation to Qualcomm Research, San Diego, CA, April 2014
- “Refactoring Space Exploration with Soft Machines” Invited Presentation to the SETI Institute, Mountain View, CA, March 2014.
- “Tensegrity Robots, Neuroscience, Fascia, and Space Exploration” Invited Presentation to TTI Vanguard “Embracing Blur” Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, Feb 2014.
- “Super Ball Bot – Structures for Planetary Landing and Exploration” Presentation to NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts Program, Stanford University, Feb 2014.
- “Refactoring Space Exploration with Soft Machines” Invited to Google Tech Talks, Mountain View, Ca, Nov 2013.
- “Dynamic Tensegrities: Foundation for Motion and Thought” Invited Presentation to Center for Integrative Biomechanics, UC Berkeley, April 2013.
- “Super Ball Bot – Structures for Planetary Landing and Exploration“, presented at NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) Spring Symposium, Chicago, Il, March 2013.
- “Dynamic Tensegrities: Foundation for Motion and Thought” Invited Presentation to Computer Science Colloquium, University of Colorado, Boulder, Feb 2013
- “Dynamic Tensegrities: Foundation for Motion and Thought” Invited Presentation to Cymer Center for Control Systems and Dynamics, UC San Diego, Dec 2012
- “NASA Ames Robotic Lunar Exploration Program (RLEP) & Idaho Space Grant Consortium: Students at the Frontiers of Robotics Research” Invited Talk at Space Grant Western Regional Meeting, Coeur d’Alene Idaho, Sept. 2012
- “Dynamic Tensegrities: Foundation for Motion and Thought” Invited Presentation at Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, June 2012
- “How We Move: An Exploration of our Minds and Bodies from the Perspective of a NASA Robotics Researcher” Invited presentation at the We Are=Movement Seminar Series, San Francisco, CA, April 2012.
- “Dynamic Tensegrities: Foundation for Motion and Thought.” Invited presentation to the Biorobotics Lab at Casewestern Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, April 2012.
- “Smart SPHERES: Free-flying Robots on the Space Station”, Invited presentation to the Silicon Valley Thought Leader Speaker Series, Ericsson Mobile, San Jose, CA, March 2012.
- “SmartSPHERES: Space Station Robots” Invited presentation to “Robots in Space”, at Swissnex, San Francisco, CA, March 2012
- “What Can We Learn About Our Bodies and Minds by Researching Robotics?” invited presentation to Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering Research Colloquium, University of Idaho, Feb 2011.
- “Biotensegrity and Force Propagation in Human and Robotic Manipulation” invited presentation at Yuri’s Night, NASA Ames, CA, April 2008.
- “Control Schemes for Complex Coordinated Human Motion” invited presentation at CoLab’s Luna Philosophie, Yahoo Brickhouse, SF, CA, Feb. 2008.
- “Athletic Walking,” invited presentation to the Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, November 2007.
- “Exploration, Robotics, and the Unknown,” invited keynote presentation given at the 2006 NASA ISGC Research Symposium, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho, October 2006.
- “A Proposal for the Creation of a Diagnostics and Power Port Standard,” presented at the AIAA Space Automation & Robotics Symposium, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC. March 2005.
- “Building Hybrid Rover Models: Lessons Learned,” invited presentation for the Robot Fault Diagnosis Workshop, International Conference of Robotics and Automation, New Orleans, Louisiana April 2004.